Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Hong Kong Hard Rock City Tee

Flipping through some Japan photos while recollecting some memorable moments in Nara, I came to realize that I have taken photos of my Hong Kong Hard Rock City Tee that I supposed to write a short blog entry about it. Coincidently I am wearing it now as preparing this blog in Subway Selangor Dredging. Ok, I will keep it short and sweet.

This is my second city tee from Chinese country, the one came after Beijing. Contrast to Tokyo tee that centre-stages an Endon warrior with roaring wave, this tee distinctly highlights 3 symbolic icons of Hong Kong: Hong Kong Island night view, Big Buddha of Lantao Island and Chinese Opera Singers. Fittingly, these icons reflect the truth about Hong Kong from cultural, financial and religion.
Of these 3 symbols, the opera singer draws my attention the most. Her simple smile with her fingers gracefully positioned is surely an elegant gesture most noticeable in chinese opera. Despite its simple colour combination, black & gold, its finely drawn opera scene capitalizes on such monochromic scheme to create an art truly worth careful appreciation.


The big buddha superimposed on the top of Hong Kong island mountain with his right hand raised is, in my opinion, a carefully thought-after design, a symbol of blessing towards Hong Kong's economy and prosperity.

Yeah, the night view of Hong Kong Island from starwalk promenade is deeply imprinted in my mind. The synchronized laser and music show during chrismas Season is magical beyong words. Yes, Hong Kong is a city that never sleeps and it is not a myth. This vibrant and burstling metropolitan is rightfully presented at the centre of city tee in-lines with Hard Rock culture that is still up-beat after midnight.

Hard Rock Cafe Hong Kong
G/F & 1/F, Silvercord 30 Canton Road,
Tsim Sha Tsui., Kowloon Hong Kong

No comments: